Spring may be a little slow arriving (at least it is here!) but when warmer weather arrives one of the first changes I make to my makeup routine is transitioning to sheerer, more glossy lipstick formulas.
There’s something about sunny days and warm breezes that just makes matte lips or cream finishes feel too heavy. I love welcoming spring with tinted bombs and glossy sheer lipstick shades in lighter and brighter hues.
Some great options I’ve been reaching for this spring are the Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Shine ($38 USD/$46 CAD) and the Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Plump in Colour Plumping Lip Balm ($39 USD/$45 CAD).
The Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Shine is such a lovely product. It offers the feel of a balm with the shine of a gloss. If you aren’t a fan of the stickiness of gloss, or even just the “wetness” of a non-sticky gloss formula, then you will love the Ecstasy Shine Lipsticks! I have been reaching for mine often because the formula is just so wonderfully light and they look gorgeous on the lips with a very, very subtle shimmer finish. They have twice the softness and melting of a lipstick for clear shiny color that feels like silk on the lips. There are a total of 18 shades available. Shown are:
- 101 Nuda – nude
- 503 Fatale – pink
The Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Plump in Colour Plumping Lip Balm combines the beautiful Rouge Volupté Lipstick formula with a heart-shaped core of black tinted plumping balm. The plumping core features natural peppermint oil that creates an intense and refreshing cooling sensation. Caprilyl glycol enhances the lips creating a fuller look, and black pearl powder amplifies the quality of shine. Add that to the already amazing Rouge Volupté Shine formula that features natural coconut oil and pomegranate extract and you’ve got a lip product that creates the perfect juicy spring/summer look. I really love is how vibrant the colours are.
The 8 available shades are:
- No 1: Made Nude – A pale nude-pink that suits paler skin tones.
- No 2: Dazzling Fuschia – A pop of hot pink for a powerful flirtation.
- No 3: Insane Pink – Bold rose for a splash of colour.
- No 4: Exposing Coral – Delicate pinky-orange with a full-lipped finish.
- No 5: Delirious Orange – Divine and delicious on darker skin tones.
- No 6: Lunatic Red – Layered up for a bolder finish, or a gentle wash of red, either way, a distinctive colour for those who like to make an entrance.
- No 7: Furious Gold – A shimmering golden nude, which suits all skin tones for a seductive finish.
- No 8: Dramatic Plum – Deep purple for those who like to make their presence felt.
The shades I have that are shown are Exposing Coral and Insane Pink.
The packaging and the formulas on these products are so luxurious that I just can’t get enough!
Do you love these kinds of formulas?
Shop the post: