It’s true. Urban Decay discontinued the beloved, the ICONIC, original Naked Palette. The palette that started a whole new trend in the makeup industry and, even if you didn’t own the Naked palette itself, certainly had an impact on your makeup life via the plethora of other products and palettes it inspired from Urban Decay and other brands alike.
I still think it’s crazy it’s gone. I have more eyeshadow palettes than I can count and I still found myself reaching for the original Naked Palette quite often. Especially in the summer when cottage life minimalizes my routine and has me often living out of a makeup bag vs my makeup room.
INTRODUCING URBAN DECAY NAKED RELOADED
Now, 9 years later, Urban Decay has redefined neutrals with it’s new Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette. The palette includes all new shades. There is the same variety of depth and finishes that we have come to love and expect from a Naked Palette. Matte base, crease, and contour shades along with shimmers, satins, metallics, and glitters to liven up your look.
URBAN DECAY NAKED RELOADED PALETTE SHADES
The 12 all new shades in the palette are:
- BRIBE – warm ivory matte
- BARELY BAKED – soft gold metallic
- ANGEL FIRE – pale rose-gold with iridescent micro-shimmer
- RETRO – bright peach matte
- REPUTATION – deep rose-gold with iridescent micro-shimmer
- BURN – copper-burgundy metallic
- END GAME – chocolate brown matte
- DREAMWEAVER – cool brown with iridescent 3D sparkle
- DISTILLED – bronze metallic
- BUCKED – warm brown matte
- BOUNDARIES – warm terracotta matte
- BLUR – light nude matte
URBAN DECAY NAKED RELOADED PALETTE SWATCHES
The Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette ($55 CAD) will be released as follows:
- Urban Decay Freestanding Stores and urbandecay.ca on February 18th, 2019.
- Sephora online March 4th, 2019 and in-stores March 7th, 2019.
- Shoppers Drug Mart online March 4th, 2019 and in-stores March 7th, 2019.
My initial thoughts are that I love this new palette but I still wish they kept the original. The palettes really are significantly different. Not that that’s a bad thing. It just means I don’t really consider it a replacement.
URBAN DECAY NAKED RELOADED PALETTE LOOK
I have created one look so far using Bribe as a base, Blur as a transition shade, Bucked in the crease, End Game on the outer v blended into the crease, Reputation and Burn on the lid, and Angel Fire on the inner corner. It was absolutely STUNNING and even my daughter saw me and commented on how extra beautiful my eye makeup looked.
I will update this post with more thoughts as I consider using the palette. From the swatches the shades are beautifully pigmented and smooth and apply beautifully. Dreamweaver and Distilled were the two shades in the palette that didn’t seem quite as exceptional as the rest and seemed to swatch a bit more sheerly. We will see how they perform on the eyes in the coming days.
Are you excited about the reinvented Urban Decay Naked palette?